Monday 7 January 2013

Do-re-mi-fa-SEW

As if by Twitter magic a post appeared last night from Lucy Siegle (@lucysiegle), with a link to her latest column in The Observer, where she mentioned her 'Green Crush' ByHandLondon.com. I clicked through to the site and immediately saw the image below, entitled, 'Charlotte Skirt Sewalong.' Intrigued, I clicked on the link and did a little excited jig!

To celebrate the launch of their very first collection of sewing patterns, ByHandLondon felt it fitting to host the sewalong with their beginner pattern, The Charlotte Skirt. The first post will be going up on Monday 14th January, 2013 and skirt should be complete by the beginning of February – just in time for Valentine’s Day.

Before I had time to procrastinate/find reasons why I couldn't possible fit in the time, I had ordered the pattern and am eagerly awaiting the first post which will be about: choosing your size, tracing and cutting, altering the pattern for a full hip adjustment (FHA).

If like me, you plan to make 2013 the year you learn to sew.....join in! (Link below)....I will of course be documenting my adventures (and potential disasters) in dress making here.


http://byhandlondon.com/2012/12/13/join-us-for-the-charlotte-skirt-sewalong/

No comments:

Post a Comment